Day 10: Tuesday - Owhango to Whakahoro

Strava Stats:

I had a 1/2 day off with Chris and Kris in Horopito, and checked my stoat traps in the bush (2 rats caught!). The weather was a bit grim, so I wasn't looking forward to cycling. A moist south east gale was blowing, and had blown a branch from a neighbour's Eucalyptus tree through our roof overnight.
  In the afternoon Chris took me back to Owhango - as we entered the rain shadow of Ruapehu the weather fined up, and I had a lovely sunny (if windy) mostly downhill cycle 40km to the Blue Duck cafe at Whakahoro. I stayed in the DOC bunkroom next door, but enjoyed a beautiful meal at the cafe (along with fellow cyclists Matt, Chris, Tim and Jason) of wild (locally shot) goat curry. 
Sadly, a large school group arrived at the DOC campground, so I didn't have a altogether peaceful night.


Comments

  1. Well done with the rats Andy. Enjoying your blog of days on the bike and friendships.🙂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 12 - Thursday March 19th, Wanganui to Palmerston North

Day 13 - Friday 20th Feb: Palmerston Nth to Longbush