Day 13 - Friday 20th Feb: Palmerston Nth to Longbush

I left PN at 9am for a easier day to Mike and Lara's at Longbush in the Wairarapa - a mere 140km with 1250m of altitude gain. I was so knackered, though, that I only managed 18.8km/h despite easier terrain. 
The first challenge was the climb over the Pahiatua track to the Wairarapa - and, indeed, I was caught in rain over the saddle. However, I'd ridden into sun by the time I reached Pahiatua, and it was a wonderfully warm day until I approached Masterton, when the temperature dropped and the sky became a leaden grey. So it was great to reach Mike and Lara's rural property, and receive some great hospitality for the night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 12 - Thursday March 19th, Wanganui to Palmerston North

Day 10: Tuesday - Owhango to Whakahoro